WaterColor

In school for my first trimester I chose to do art class. More precise I decided to do a painting and drawing class. It has been very fun these past few months. It was a class were you had the change to be creative, and open-minded. Most of all, it has become one of my favorite classes because of out recent unit. WATERCOLOR PAINTINGS.

I really love this unit, it was something I always wanted to do. It is not only a way to be creative, but it also has a lot of different techniques that you can use, to make your piece unique. Another reason why I like this unit so much is because of the way your piece can look so much different from the other students. Even if we are doing the same image, the way you do it, makes it special in your own way.

In this unit, we had a mini project where we had to make out own flower out of watercolor, with different shades of same color, to show value. I used blue as my color, and made the flower monochromatic, each petal of the flower going from dark blue to light turquoise blue. I am very proud of the way my flower is turning out.

For my final project I am still deciding on what to do, I want to do something that I have not done before. I don’t want to so a seascape, sunset, or flower because I have done those before. I found this very beautiful idea online and I think I would really like to do that as my final project.

Image Link

I would like to do something like this because I like it when there are a lot of colors under a very dark silhouette. Also, I will starts to make a lot more Watercolor paintings, because I am starting to really love it.

If you think the drawing above it pretty good, it is not very difficult to make. If you are someone who likes to make artistic pieces, and you have never tried Watercolor, I would really recommend it. Also if you have seen a nice watercolor piece before, send me an image, I would really like some new ideas, for when I make a next piece.

11 thoughts on “WaterColor

• Hey,
      Thanks for the comment, but I am not the one who made that painting, it is just a picture of a painting that I would like to try out for my final project in art. And don’t worry about if your art is good or bad, if you like doing it then just do it.

1. Hi Lea,
    I love your creative and artistic view. I think a silhouette is a great idea for a final project because it brings on a challenge for you as an artist and it is a great way to experiment with your artistic personality. Thank you for sharing your opinions and ideas. I think that you will become a fantastic artist one day. Keep up the good work! If you can please visit my blog at http://kaylabrenn5404.blogspot.com/

-Kayla

2. Hey Lea,
    I love Art as well accept I don’t much like watercolor painting, mostly because when I am painting or drawing I like to have complete control over what I am putting on paper, but honestly that’s just me. Oh and I love your project idea, simple yet pretty.
    – Alex O

3. Wow! Watercolor seems like a cool form of art. It seems really easy too, so that’s good for not really arty person like me. I’ve never done watercoloring, but now I kind of want to!

4. Hi Lea!
    I really love your watercolor painting.
    I like very much the Art Classes but we never paint with watercolors.
    In your post you say that you chose to have Art Classes that leads me in a question.
    Do you have only Art classes or you join Art Club?
    Here it is the URL to my blog: https://paulo8spg.edublogs.org
    Bye!